Friday, April 10, 2009

A BRIEF TRIP HOME

Court and I come home for a day to find that my mom has installed a pull-up bar in the doorway of the guest bedroom. "This is how we're going to get ripped!" she says, but none of us can do a pull-up.

We go to see a re-enactment of the crucifixion downtown, and it ends up being hilarious. Afterward we debate if Jesus was wearing a wig, and I'm sure he was because his hair looked like it belonged to Farah Fawcett or a go-go dancer.

We agree that San Antonio never gets it right.

We eat at Mi Tierra. We go see the Danville retrospective exhibit at Blue Star. We look for shoes at Nordstrom Rack.

We have an Easter egg hunt, and in my eggs I find $18, a Cadbury egg, and a wind-up owl.

My mom cracks up and says, "At this funeral last week..." She tells us how the man next to her "sounded like a cartoon dog" when he sang the hymns, and she almost lost it during the service.

We go see a dinner play of the works of Shakespeare abridged into an hour and a half. The comedy trio drags me out of my chair to play Ophelia, and my family lets me hang out to dry. I embarrass myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment